Tuesday 10 January 2017

Transformation Tuesday: Week 133

I wish my incision would heal properly.


Ugh, this is getting ridiculously boring now. I still have a hole on my left boob which is refusing to heal and to say that it's driving me nuts would be a massive understatement. Due to its position I can't shower properly as I can't get it wet; I can't lift my arms too high for fear of ripping it; turning too sharply or over-stretching myself makes my eyes water with pain; and given that it's perfectly positioned at the crossroads between my compression corset and my bra there's no chance of it sorting itself out on the horizon any time soon. For now, I'm stuck with an open wound. Yay.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.buzzfeed.com)

However, I saw my surgeon again last week and he was ludicrously happy with it. Once again he's not remotely concerned and is completely confident that although it'll take time, it will definitely heal. Apparently it's going well - so well that he couldn't stop grinning and took pictures of my scars a month early as the rest of it is ahead of schedule - so I just have to have a little faith. I love him so much I'm going to go with it. Hopefully by the time I see him again in February I might have less of a gaping hole and more of a distant memory of said hole. I live in hope.

Aside from that palaver, everything else is going well! I'm still walking and sleeping a lot, and feeling much better for it. I want to carry on as I am at the moment as I think it's working in my favour. Staying busy and not fixating on my open wound is probably the way forward for the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig