Monday 4 August 2014

Manicure Monday: Urban Jungle

The last time I used Urban Jungle, a shot of my nails miraculously racked up over 500 likes on Instagram in less than 12 hours: so clearly I'm not the only one totally in love with Essie's stunning summer shade!


It's my last full week in London, and as I'm clinging to the last vestiges of sunshine before Britain retreats to down pours of rain and succumbs to clouds once again, I wanted nothing more than to paint my nails in the most classically summery colour on offer. I'm loving whites and pastels this year, and nothing I've tried thus far has come close to matching the utter perfection of Urban Jungle.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.boots.com)

It's almost cream in colour: it's white but has a subtle pink undertone that softens the shade. It works well if you're pale (like me at the moment, sadly) but looks incredible with a tan. Urban Jungle also has the ability to be both bold and neutral, ensuring that it'll make a statement with cocktails or at the beach, but is sophisticated and demure enough for the office.


As with all Essie polishes, two thin coats produced an even finish, and when topped with Essie's Good to Go top coat my nails were left gleaming. Despite my best efforts I still have incredibly dry cuticles, so this week I've been trying out The Body Shop's Strawberry Body Butter. I've been using around a 10p coin sized blob as a hand cream each morning, and not only are my hands moisturised but they smell amazing! There's nothing more British than strawberries in the summer, and if I can't eat them then I'm going to relish smelling like them for the next few months!

It's worth a mention, Boots currently have an offer online to save £5 when you spend £25 or more on selected items, and a lot of the Essie collection are included. I'm going to be stocking up on new shades so thought I'd let you all know too if you fancy a splurge!

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.weheartit.com)

Let me know what you think of Urban Jungle in the comments below! I'm totally in love with it and think it's going to take a lot to beat it! Is there a neutral or white polish that you'd recommend and think I simply must try? Drop me a tweet and I might try it out for a future Manicure Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig