Friday 7 June 2013

The Medium Purple Box

Anyone that knows me knows that I love to send and receive post. There's something about the process of selecting a card, using your favourite pen and hunting for your book of stamps; going to the post office and entrusting a parcel with the postman; and guessing the origin of the handwriting on a letter waiting on your doorstep that I relish over technology. E-mail really does lack a personal touch.




My dad knows how much I love post, and in amongst the odd genuine and unexpected gift throughout the year, he has teased me over the phone saying he's sent me something for it to end up being junk mail he's "kindly" forwarded. When he started making noises last week that he'd posted me something via recorded delivery, I was - quite understandably - dubious as to what it could be. Particularly when he mentioned it in every phone call and really hyped it up. My alarm bells were ringing and I was on red alert for a prank present that the front desk at my halls would refuse to sign for. How wrong I was.

When collecting my mail, the form I signed said I was picking up a "medium purple box" and instead I was greeted by this:


Not what I'd describe as "medium"...
Nestled inside were these:


Tonight I opened the smaller boxes up to see what was in them, and now I have quite literally every single product in the range, from basic Dairy Milk to drinking chocolate to Mint Imperials. This is the most ridiculous selection of chocolate and sweets I've ever seen outside of a supermarket aisle.


It's a lovely - albeit a little over-the-top! - post-exams present, and if you fancy sending something similar, then check out the Cadbury Gifts Direct website here.

Thank goodness my birthday's coming up and I have friends coming to London who I hope will be prepared to take one for the team and make up a party bag to take home! In the meantime, I've put the kettle on, so who fancies popping round for tea and a bar (or two)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig