Sunday 2 October 2016

Quarter-Life Crisis Challenge: October 2016

I think I'm too much of a perfectionist to do colouring for fun...


SEPTEMBER UPDATE

From what I can tell, the rise of the adult colouring movement is supposed to tap into the mindfulness trend and be a relaxing escape from every day life. Unfortunately, I did not find this at all! As this challenge started on September 1st I felt my Harry Potter colouring book was the only appropriate option. While I will always love Harry Potter, I can't say I love this book! I'm a massive perfectionist so I couldn't face the thought of attempting the film stills as my crayons wouldn't be the exact right shade. However, the only problem is that the majority of the book was film stills... This left the graphics of the Hogwarts houses a Quidditch advert: I attempted them all, but the colours weren't quite right and the thought of colouring outside the lines provided a significant air of stress! So I've tried it, but I can't say I'm going to be keeping up colouring: I don't think it's really for me!


September was an exhausted jet-lagged blur, and as such it's zoomed by way too quickly. I haven't touched my cross-stitch, haven't seen many films and only read 3 chapters of my book. I will do better next month I promise!

(gold stars - reading / silver dots and mini silver stars - film / gold dots - colouring)

OCTOBER PLANS

I've always loved letter writing, and completely by fluke I've ended up hand-writing a number of invitations and postcards at work recently. While I can add a little flourish to my normal handwriting to try and make everything look a little special, I wish I could do more. As a result, I dusted off my Hobbycraft card this week and raided the fountain pen aisle to prepare for a month of attempting calligraphy.

So, 30 days of calligraphy...go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig