Tuesday 20 January 2015

Transformation Tuesday: Week 30

This has been the such a positive week that rereading last week's post makes me feel a bit silly.


Taking a couple of weeks off from LighterLife has to be one of the best decisions I've made recently. It feels like a fog of negativity has been lifted and I'm back on my way to feeling like myself again. I came off the packs totally on Tuesday and haven't touched them since. A part of me initially panicked a lot about that, but as my happiness and confidence has grown all week I've allowed myself to just let go, stop stressing and enjoy the break.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.wifflegif.com)

I've made no attempt to "diet" this week, choosing not to think about food too much as over thinking everything the week before almost sent me careening over the edge of a mental cliff. Instead I've indulged in steamed vegetables, stir frys and smoked salmon; taught myself to actually like porridge for breakfast (almond milk is an absolute revelation); and not once felt guilty about having the odd biscuit. It's been fun. For once I've not feared food or felt embarrassed or guilty about eating it, and overindulging or binging never crossed my mind. In all honesty, this is a new experience for me.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/thestylelane)

It's a little unfair to claim this is a 'transformation' post, as when it comes to weight loss I've done absolutely nothing about it this week. I've chosen to temporarily prioritise my head over my body, and although I bet if I weighed myself I wouldn't be overly thrilled with the outcome - most likely I've maintained or put a pound or two on - I can't complain about my state of mind. I'm motivated and inspired again. I'll be making a final decision about what to do going forward in the next few days, but the more I think about it the more I want to go back to LighterLife and finish it off. I feel the same as I did in June last year: raring to go and actually excited about where that could take me.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/dallasclayton)

This week was exactly what I needed. I really couldn't care less about what a fortnight of real food has done to my physical weight, but I'm thrilled about how it's invigorated my mind and set me back on the right track. I'm now looking forward to a few more days of salads and quinoa and rice cakes topped with peanut butter and banana (pretentious but so good…), combined with exercise and more planning, and then slotting back into a weight loss routine on Monday.

In a weird way I'm the middle of a weight loss holiday, sat on a metaphorical beach cocktail in hand. And at the end of the day, doesn't everyone need a vacation from their normal lives every now and then?

WEEK 29 LOSS: N/A
TOTAL LOSS: 66.5lbs // 4st 10.5lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig