Tuesday 6 January 2015

Transformation Tuesday: Week 28

After a couple of days off for Christmas and New Year I was dreading stepping on the scales this week for the fear that they'd reflect a dramatic veering off track. Logically I knew that wasn't going to happen, but as I've felt pretty positive with my weight over the last few days I was convinced I was ready for a reality check and a dose of negativity.

After six months of this I should have known better than to try and anticipate a result on the scales as I've consistently shown over time that I'm completely useless at gauging how I've done. Hence why I was pleasantly surprised last night.




This week I maintained.

(GIF SOURCED FROM www.twentysomethingsproblems.tumblr.com)

I'm pretty pleased about that! My main aim over Christmas was to stay the same weight and I have, so forgive me if I'm a little smug at the moment!

It's been a bit of an odd week as I initially stuck to the LighterLife packs, but come New Year's Eve my willpower had completely vanished. I took both New Year's Eve and Day off, which I'd sort of initially planned a few weeks ago, but instead of setting it in stone left it open to either stick to the plan or have conventional food depending on how I felt. Needless to say, I caved. I've found it incredibly difficult to get back into the right mindset this week as even though the temptations of Christmas have gone, having now eaten real food - and having the memory of how it tastes at the front of my mind - my carbonara packs and peanut bars suddenly seemed significantly less appetising. There's nothing technically wrong with them at all, but I was reaching the end of my tether with a couple of them in December (having had them practically every day for six months) and now they just seem so disappointing. A couple of them also now make me feel a little sick too which is ridiculously annoying!

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/ezzaconnor)

Sticking to the packs is pushing me to my limits. I know it sounds silly particularly as the end is in sight, but although I feel more motivated than ever to continue with weight loss my motivation to continue with LighterLife is waning in conjunction. I love the weekly sessions and think that being weighed each week by someone else and being able to openly chat about any and all problems surrounding weight loss with someone who knows what they're talking about is invaluable. I'm just really struggling with the packs now. Hopefully I'll be able to push through this, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure what direction to go in over the next few weeks. I'm hoping this doubt is just a temporary phase, but we'll have to see.

(IMAGE SOURCED FROM www.instagram.com/motivationwall)

In other news, I downloaded the 'pro' versions of the 30 Day Challenge apps and I'm now working through them. The only issue is that they have 6 different challenges and I spent ages trying to work out where I should start given the levels I'd finished at with the other apps. Eventually I guessed that 'Beginner 1' was the app I'd already completed, so I'm doing 'Beginner 2'. However I've taken to doing a couple of days worth in one go as I've been finishing the assigned exercises in about 10 minutes and want to be doing around 30 minutes a day. So far so good!

WEEK 27 LOSS: --
TOTAL LOSS: 65lbs // 4st 9lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig